MJ Landscaping & Gardening has years of experience in garden design, construction and maintenance.
When planning your garden, we suggest that you start by considering these key questions:
- What is your lifestyle, how involved in the garden will you be?
- Do you have children, pets or both?
- How social are you?
- How will you use a BBQ and entertainment area?
- How will the entertainment areas integrate with the rest of the house?
- Does the garden slope or is it flat – will it need retainer walls for structure or for character?
- Do you prefer garden beds to be raised or level? What sort edging to you prefer?
- Do you have a budget?
- Can you zone the garden to allow you to develop different parts over time?
- What plants do you like – are they suitable? Are they already growing in the area in other gardens?
- Pathways, will they be pebble, rock, pavers, brick or timber?
- Do you want Turf or synthetic grass?
- Vegetable/Herb area?
- Garden features/water features?
- Rain water tanks?
- Type of irrigation system, manual or fully automatic?
- Will you incorporate lighting into your garden?